A magical Christmas on the moors.
Beacon View and Dale View barn are snug and toasty warm with underfloor heating and lovely wood burning stoves. They are also lofty and spacious so if the weather was a bit poor you won’t feel hemmed in. And here’s a fact you should know – the North York Moors is one of Britain’s driest National Parks. Away from the coast, about two days out of every three are dry! So dress up warmly have a good walk then come back home to the fire and a warming drink or call into any of the many cosy pubs and tearooms that abound in the moorland or coastal villages and towns.
5 easy things to do from Crag House Farm this Christmas.
1. What about a winter barbecue. Our undercover dining and barbecue patio’s are just ideal for this. Let Dad be in charge of the cooking on boxing day. Plenty of bangers and burgers and fresh air keeps everyone happy and smiling.
2. Take in 4 pubs and 3 Tearooms on a 5.5 mile circular walk (you don’t have to go into them all).
3. Let the train take the strain from Castleton or Danby Station (both about 1 mile from here) take an amazing scenic journey through the beautiful Esk Valley all the way to the wonderful quaint seaside town of Whitby. Here you can visit the Santa Special steam train it runs every week end in December and also on the 22nd December. Eat fish and chips, walk along the beach, climb the 199 steps to the famous abbey and hear tall tales of Dracula and the legendary Captain James Cook.
4. We have local Spa’s and therapists who can visit you right here to sooth and pamper, just give me a call for details.
5. And remember you don’t have to go out at all. Supermarkets deliver here and we have great contacts with local caters who can provide fabulous meals delivered to your doorstep.